• Packaging Films & Laminates
• Coated & Uncoated Label Stock is any material, paper or film, used for labels that have adhesive on one side and print on the other More
• PET A film is a face material made out of either acetate, polyester, polyethylene vinyl, and other polymeric More Thickness 12 µm
• Stamping Temp 95ºC – 145ºC
• Pharmaceutical & Cosmetics
• Flexible Packaging
THERMAL TRANSFER RIBBONS FOR EVERY APPLICATION
The type of ribbon used will depend on the label material and application:
- WAX is the most cost-effective but can rub-off if used on gloss labels or when exposed to heat or friction.
- WAX-RESIN is the most used and will adhere to a wide range of label materials.
- RESIN is extremely durable and used for specialist applications.
- TEXTILE RESIN is specifically formulated for clothing and fabric printing.
Thermal ribbon also comes in either Coated-side-in (CSI) or Coated-side-out (CSO) depending on the printer being used.
WHAT PRINTER RIBBON DO YOU NEED FOR YOUR LABELS?
Choosing the right Ribbon is important to ensure a good quality print.
The 2 key considerations are:
- The label material (substrate) being printed on, and
- The application or conditions the print will be exposed to (UV, heat/cold, moisture, rubbing/abrasion, chemicals etc).
Different printer models may need specific ribbon cores, ribbon trailer and/or maximum ribbon lengths.
If you are unsure which ribbon you need, simply get in touch with your printer model and we can help you.
Need more information… Download our Thermal Ribbon Guide and see our Core Ribbon Grades on our Thermal Ribbon page.