Resin is extremely durable and used for specialist applications.
• Polypropylene is almost similar to polyethylene but more durable and has higher temperature resistance More (PP) & Polyethylene is a tough, elastic film that is suitable for low-temperature conditions but has good moisture resistance More (PE)
• Vinyl (PVC), Polyester is a transparent film that has excellent resistance to moisture, oils, and other chemicals More (PET) & Polyimide
• Maximum print speed 6 ips
• A film is a face material made out of either acetate, polyester, polyethylene vinyl, and other polymeric More Thickness 4.5 µm
• Total Ribbon Thickness 8 µm
• Optical Density 1.0
• Ink Melting Point 100 ºC
• Industrial, Chemical & Automotive
• Fabric, Textile & Apparel
• Nursery, Timber & Outdoor
• Pharmaceutical & Healthcare
• Flexible Packaging
THERMAL TRANSFER RIBBONS FOR EVERY APPLICATION
The type of ribbon used will depend on the label material and application:
- WAX is the most cost-effective but can rub-off if used on gloss labels or when exposed to heat or friction.
- WAX-RESIN is the most used and will adhere to a wide range of label materials.
- RESIN is extremely durable and used for specialist applications.
- TEXTILE RESIN is specifically formulated for clothing and fabric printing.
Thermal ribbon also comes in either Coated-side-in (CSI) or Coated-side-out (CSO) depending on the printer being used.
WHAT PRINTER RIBBON DO YOU NEED FOR YOUR LABELS?
Choosing the right Ribbon is important to ensure a good quality print.
The 2 key considerations are:
- The label material (substrate) being printed on, and
- The application or conditions the print will be exposed to (UV, heat/cold, moisture, rubbing/abrasion, chemicals etc).
Different printer models may need specific ribbon cores, ribbon trailer and/or maximum ribbon lengths.
If you are unsure which ribbon you need, simply get in touch with your printer model and we can help you.
Need more information… Download our Thermal Ribbon Guide and see our Core Ribbon Grades on our Thermal Ribbon page.