Thermal Transfer Ribbon (TTR) in a wide range of colours and sizes
Types of thermal transfer ribbon
The type of ribbon used will depend on the label material it is being applied to:
- Wax is the most cost effective, but can rub-off if used on gloss or a label that might be warmed or heated.
- Wax-resin is the most commonly used and will adhere to most label materials.
- Resin is extremely durable and used for specialist applications.
Things which affect thermal ribbon performance
- Heat of the thermal printer settings
- Speed of the thermal printer settings
- Non-printable coating applied to labels
- Incorrect ink applied to paper and no stamp-able gloss
- Using the ribbon inside out
- Using near edge thermal ribbon on a flat head printer or vice versa